CATEGORIES
NO BIDDING. THIS LOT IS CLOSED
 

LOT: 67     1964 Topps Complete Set Graded and Raw

 
Category: Baseball >> 1960-1969


Bid

Description

CURRENT BID:     $6,050.00

Start: 12/3/2011 12:00:00 PM EST

End: 12/18/2011 3:45:00 AM EST

 

STARTING BID:     $5,000.00

BID COUNT: 3 (Bid History)

Add to Watchlist
Email Memory Lane Inc.



DESCRIPTION:


(LOT 67)
1964 Topps Complete Set Graded and Raw

COMPLETE SET!!!… This is one of the finest complete 1964 graded and raw sets that we have ever offered. This set hails from the same collection as the spectacular 1959 set that was featured in our last auction. Our consignor bought most of these cards at baseball card conventions in California and Chicago during the 1980's. Although, he continued to upgrade many of the cards over the next two decades. He was a pretty fussy buyer and he bought some really spectacular condition cards. He mainly went for eye appeal and most of the cards that he bought were very bright, sharp cards with deep rich colors and nice white borders. Nearly all of the key Hall of Famers and Super Stars have been professionally graded by PSA with some great results. A grand total of 109 cards have been graded by PSA.

The SMR value on just the 109 graded cards is $5,637.00.
The remaining 478 raw cards are very sharp and stunning, with many of them being worthy candidates for professional grading. The Beckett price guide value on the raw cards is $4,231.00 making the total guide value for this set $9,868.00 Only about 18% of the raw cards in this steller set are in EX-MT condition with the other 82% being NM or better. The graded cards are all PSA and are as follows: PSA 9: 184, 191, 227, 257 Giants Team, 276 Jose Tartabull, 278 Bobby Shantz, 279, 343 Senators Team, 354, 355 Vic Power, 366, 382, 402, 409, 411, 447, 485, 486, 569 and 574. PSA 8: 5 NL Strikeout Leaders (Koufax, Drysdale), 13 Hoyt Wilhelm (HOF), 17, 18, 19, 21 Yogi Berra (HOF), 26, 39, 43, 46, 50 Mickey Mantle (HOF), 55 Ernie Banks (HOF), 66, 85, 100 Elston Howard, 101 Walt Alston (HOF), 107, 116 Tony Oliva, 139, 146 Tommy John (R), 150 Willie Mays (HOF), 154, 187, 188 Checklist, 189, 197, 198, 200 Sandy Koufax (HOF), 202, 214, 217, 226 Jerry Grote (R), 228, 229, 234, 235 Ron Hunt, 238, 241, 244 Tony La Russa (R), 246, 250 Al Kaline (HOF), 264, 272, 274 Checklist, 295, 315, 322, 324 Casey Stengel (HOF), 336, 337, 342 Willie Stargell (HOF), 393 Casey Stengel Teaches, 394, 399, 400 Warren Spahn (HOF), 404, 423 Tops In NL (Aaron, Mays), 424, 460 Bob Gibson (HOF), 478, 488, 490 Ron Fairly, 504, 526, 536, 549, 552, 573, 575, and 583. PSA 7.5: 120 Don Drysdale (HOF), 175 Billy Williams (HOF) and 381. PSA 7: 9 NL HR Leaders (Aaron, Mays), 40, 67, 70, 125 Pete Rose, 155 Duke Snider (HOF), 177 Harmon Killebrew (HOF), 230 Brooks Robinson (HOF), 237, 287 Tony Conigliaro (R), 300 Hank Aaron (HOF), 331 A.L. Bombers, 425, 440 Roberto Clemente (HOF), 457 and Uecker. A MONSTER SET!!!

MIN BID $5,000

 
Click on a thumbnail image above to display a larger image below.

PLACE YOUR BID:

STARTING BID: $5,000.00
CURRENT BID: $6,050.00
NEXT BID:
WHAT IS AUTO BID?
AUTO BID ON?:  Yes No
SET AUTOBID LIMIT:
(if autobid on)

You need to login to place a bid. Enter your user name and password below and we will bring you right back to this page.

User Name:
Password:
Forgot Login ?
Forgot Password?
 

HOW TO BID

1. Register to bid - if you haven't already. It's free!

2. Login - if you haven't already. We'll bring you right back to this page.

3. Select your bid amount.

4. Preview your bid.

5. Submit your final bid!

If you have questions, contact Memory Lane Inc. before you bid.